11/9/11

Sponser work for the store

This morning we got up early to go to one of the local grocery stores to help pass our free breakfast (Gratis Morgenmad...as we were trying to yell in Danish to passing people on bikes). It was the stores 50th year or something like that so today they are celebrating by passing out free stuff. It was really fun actually. We had to wake up at 5:30, I have never been a morning person as many of you know, and now it is even worse because I often sleep in with no responsibility to get out of bed early for. But once we were up and out it was great. Even with the language barrier doing something nice for people, like giving them free breakfast, makes you feel happy.

Then Ingrid and I went back in the afternoon and handed out free beers and goody bags. I really had to practice my Danish then because they wanted different kind of flavors and wanted to know what was in it, and if it was free, and why. Lots of questions to figure out and try to answer. We met a very interesting man who was dressed in big black boots and a fur jacket. He talked to us a long time and told us he was a designer for Versace but I doubt that. He said he wants to be our teams cheerleader. He was clearly gay, but really fun. I felt like I was talking to mogatu from zoolander.

Overall it was the kind of day that makes you smile. I am going to try to do a better job of just inserting a pic and letting you know what I am up to here more often. Then I wont have to feel like when I get on I have to do big updates. I miss everyone a lot and really cant wait for my family to come visit :) Below is a picture of our new "designer" friend. He insisted on talking to us while he put his groceries into the back of his car. I think he really just needed to talk to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment