11/20/11

Paris=AMAZING!

I fell in love with Paris! I have been a little depressed since I came back and that is why I haven't wanted to write about the trip. The city had such a warm energy and life to it. I felt like it was magic. It really was something I cant explain but I loved it. I had such a blast there. Ingrid (my teammate) had a friend that lived in Paris so when we got off the plane he was waiting there to take us to our Hostel. We got dropped off and had 30 mins to get ready. Then we took the Metro downtown to meet the same friend and one of his guy friends for dinner. It felt so natural...like we always live in Paris and were just meeting some friends for a nice evening out. Dinner was wonderful. We drank wine and chatted and ate fantastic food. The company was good and we laughed a lot. Our waiter was from Poland but he had been to Boulder a few times because he dated a girl from there. He even had been to little Steamboat Springs (What a small world)! From dinner we went to and Australian bar and danced a lot.

The next day we walked around the city all day. We got Starbucks, which they don't have in Denmark, so that was really exciting.


We had perfect timing with everything that we saw. After seeing all the sites and gardens we were close enough to see the Eiffel Tower in the far distant just as the sun began to set. We walked closer and the sunset got better as we approached it. It really was like something out of a movie. I was hoping that I wouldn't be disappointed by the tower, but it was so beautiful! And a lot bigger than I imagined! As soon as we got to the bottom of it these white sparkling lights lit the tower up and made it look glittery. They only stayed on for a few minutes and I'm not sure why they went on. Someone said to celebrate their veterans day. It was very neat.
Our last full day Schnake and I got up and ready earlier than the other two girls so we walked to a cafe and had coffee. She had hot chocolate, but to make it they just gave her a cup of steaming milk and a block of chocolate on a stick. She had to stir her milk with the chocolate and it melted off the stick to make the most amazing hot chocolate ever. We then walked around more and saw everything else we wanted to see in Paris. There was lots of shopping, cafes, watching street dancing, looking up at big beautiful buildings and talking to people. We made lots of friends and walked what seemed like forever. I really liked the Champs-Elysees, which is like a classier Broadway. Lots of shopping and people. During the weekend some of the big things that we saw were the outside of the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Arc De Trioumphe.

Our Last night we were all really tired from the day, but decided to stop in a little pub for a beer and a walking break before heading back to our hostel. We ended up staying there and playing a card game for a long time. Everyone always looks at us weird because we are a group of tall girls who speak English. We ended up making friends with a group of boys there and playing cards with them. They were very nice and very nerdy and I don't think talk to girls often which was perfect. It was nice to make some guy friends and talk to them without feeling like they were constantly hitting on you. It was a very nice ending to the perfect trip. I want to go back!











No comments:

Post a Comment